BGS seeks a part-time Secretary (Voluntary, 3-4 Hours per month)
The Secretary shall convene all meetings of the Society on behalf of the Captain, and maintain accurate minutes of all procedures and decisions, deal with all correspondence, maintain accurate records of membership, sight classifications, contact details, and to distribute news and information, including match results and minutes of meetings, to all members as required.
Organisation aims and objectives
Blind Golf Scotland (formerly known as the Scottish Blind Golf Society) is:
- the only registered charity which is a voluntarily run organisation, providing quality competition and training in golf for registered blind and visually impaired people in Scotland
- recognised as a governing body by The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.
Since its humble beginnings in 1982, BGS has now developed into a well-organised sports body where you can compete at local and national level, as well as being the outlet for it’s members to play in international events throughout the world.
- ability to take notes at meetings then type them up
- confident using a computer
- experience of Zoom an advantage but help can be provided.
A laptop could be provided if needed. 3-4 hours per month, working from home.
Travel details: Work done from home via email and Zoom meetings and one AGM to attend each year (via Zoom during lockdown).
Expenses paid: Yes (travel expenses for attendance at BGS events and meetings)